LACE FRONT AND FULL LACE WIG
PLEASE READ ENTIRE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE ATTACHING UNIT
Preparing Full Lace Wig for
I find it easier to place wig on a
Styrofoam mannequin in order to cut the lace.
1.Put clips on hair and baby hair all around the perimeter of the wig. This will
prevent the hair from getting stuck in the glue when applying the unit.
2.Carefully cut the excess lace around the entire hairline, a little at a time. Cut close to the hairline being very careful not to cut the hair. Make sure all baby hair is carefully pinned back so it is
Preparing Skin and Hair for
1. Wash, condition and dry your natural hair. After your hair is dried either braid hair in small cornrows or tightly
wrap the hair around the head. A flesh colored wig cap may be used to cover your hair.
2. Wash your face completely. Then using cotton balls, use 99% Isopropyl alcohol
to clean around your entire hairline to remove any oil that may be on your skin.
3. “OPTIONAL”, However, I do recommend using it. Apply scalp protector or liquid
band aide to prevent skin irritation. This will act as a barrier between your
skin and the adhesive. (This step is very important for those who workout, swim
or those with sensitive skin.)
4. Before applying the adhesive, place wig on the head. Using an eyebrow pencil, lightly mark an outline where you want the wig to be placed at the hairline. Now remove
the wig from the head.
Application #1 (for those using
soft bond liquid adhesives):
1. Start with a Q-Tip or a small clean make-up brush,
or popsicle stick and apply a thin coat of the glue around the perimeter of your
hairline. Use the liquid adhesives sparingly, using a lot of the adhesive will
add to the drying time. Soft bond adhesives (i.e. Vapon No Tape, Ultra Hold and
Invisi Bond) must dry completely. To aid the drying time, use a hand held blow
dryer on a cool/warm setting until dry or tacky. Do not bond lace wig to wet
glue, the wig will not set properly and will not stick well. Hard bond adhesives
(i.e. Endurabond, Sensibond, Dermabond and Base bond) do not require any drying
time since they dry immediately after it is applied.
2.The next step of using the Adjust-A-Bond is optional, however, I find it
helpful. After your glue is ready for application, spray a light mist of
ProTouch Adjust-A-Bond onto the adhesive that was applied onto your scalp.
Position the wig on your head. Adjust-A-Bond gives you approximately 1 minute to
reposition the wig if necessary. To make sure it is aligned properly, you must
first bond the wig at the center of your front hairline. (Parting the hair down
the middle or place a clip to align it with the center of your forehead or
widows peak can determine the center point.) then going from one side to the
other, press the edge of the wig down into the adhesive using a fine tooth comb.
If you do not use the Adjust-A-Bond, and you need to reposition a section, use a
Q-Tip and 99% Isopropyl alcohol between the lace and your skin to release and
reapply the wig.
3. Double check your hairline and touch up any area where the wig is not applied
securely. If you need to remove any excess glue use a Q-tip and the 99%
4. When you have completed the application, tie down your hairline with a silk
or satin scarf. This will allow the glue to set and dry properly. You may also
sit under a cool dryer during this step to aide in the drying process. “FYI” For
those who have trouble with the bond coming loose at the nape, I suggest the
following: apply adhesive on nape (i.e. Vapon No Tape, Ultra Hold, Safe Grip).
Let that dry completely. Then put tape on top of the adhesive (i.e. Super Tape,
Pro Flex) Then put another layer of the adhesive on top of the tape and let it
dry. Now press the edge of the wig down into the adhesive using a fine tooth
comb. We have found this to hold better than just adhesive for the nape area.
SEE OUR INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING A HARD BOND. (i.e. EnduraBond, Sensibond)
ATTACH FULL LACE WIG WITH SOFT
AND HARD BOND ADHESIVE
PLEASE READ ENTIRE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE ATTACHING UNIT
1. Cut the lace around the perimeter of the wig. I found using a Styrofoam mannequin to place the wig on a little easier to cut the lace.
2. Clean the perimeter of the head with alcohol - let dry. Apply your skin protector or liquid band aide, and let dry. Make sure the wig is positioned evenly and correctly on the head.
3. Use an eyebrow pencil to slightly mark where the edge of the wig will be placed. This will help you align the wig correctly and evenly.
4. Make sure you do not go in front of the pencil marking outline, apply a thin layer of liquid adhesive (i.e. Vapon No Tape, Ultra Hold) across the forehead and on each side at the temple area to the ear. Even with the pencil marking, be sure to put adhesive in front of the hairline and not on the hair. (Use a small popcicle stick or wooden cuticle stick to apply adhesive)
5. Apply a thin layer of liquid adhesive across your nape and then up the left and right sides of your neckline and up to the top of your ears stopping about ¼ away from the top of the ear. It is not necessary for you to glue down behind the ears as it might make the fit uncomfortable for you. This is your choice.(Personally, I still glue down behind the ears) You could try it at first to see how it feels to you.
6. Allow it to dry completely for about 5 minutes – until dry to the touch. When that dries, now you can apply the Super Tape Thin Sticks directly on the dried adhesive. Be sure to fold back the corners of the paper left on the Super Tape to make it easier to remove. At this point, only take off the paper on the Super Tape that you have put on your sides, down to the top of your ears. Do not take off the paper on the tape that is on you nape area or down behind the ears just yet. It is easier to do a little at a time. Don't rush this procedure. (Some put the tape directly on the lace on the inside of the unit, however I have found that tape does not stick to the lace as well).
7. After the Super Tape Thin Stripe (or any other bonding tape you might use) is applied on top of the adhesive, and you have removed the paper off of the Super Tape, you are ready to apply more adhesive.
8. Apply the soft bond (i.e. Ultra Hold, Safe Grip, or Vapon No-Tape) directly on the Super Tape that you removed the paper from. Let this dry completely. When this has dried, spray a little
of the Adjust-A-Bond over the adhesive. Now you are ready to place the wig on the head.
9. Position the wig in place on your head. Make sure the ear tabs are lined up correctly and evenly.
10. Start applying the wig one section at a time beginning with the top front middle area of the forehead where you marked as the middle. MAKE SURE it is lined up and positioned correctly where you have marked the outline with the pencil.
11. Once you get the front center section positioned correctly in place, apply a very thin layer of Endura Bond or Sensibond with a tooth pick on the left side on top of the adhesive that you already have applied. (Yes, a tooth pick). You do not let the Endura Bond or Sensibond dry. As soon as you apply it, press it down. Do only about 1-2 inches at a time on the one side. It should be applied very thin. Once you finish the left side, then work on the right side. You only need a little bit as this glue is like super glue. Too much of the Endura Bond or Sensibond will turn white and show through the lace. Once it’s pressed down, YOU CAN NOT reposition it. Do not allow the glue to dry or it will turn white.
12. Once you have the left and right sides done, make sure you clip the hair up out of the way to start doing the back of the head. Remove the paper from the tape strips that is on the back and up the hairline behind the ears. Apply the Vapon No Tape or Ultra Hold or Sure Grip on top of the tape. Let that dry until tacky to touch. Using the tooth pick, apply EnduraBond on top of the Vapon No Tape about 1 inch at a time, and immediately press the wig down using a fine tooth comb. Continue to do this in the nape area and up the sides to the ear.
13. If you need to re-enforce any of the lace that did not stick down, apply EnduraBond with the tooth pick.
14. After you have the wig attached, remove any excess adhesive that is on your skin with 100% Pure Acetone or 100% Isopropyl alcohol. But DO NOT get it on the lace as it will cause the unit to detach. This glue dries immediately so you can then Style as desired.
KEEP IN FREEZER DURING SUMMER MONTHS TO MINIMIZE EXPOSURE TO HUMID CONDITIONS AND PROLONG SHELF LIFE. Endura-Bond will not freeze solid. Allow to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before using. PLACE BACK INTO FREEZER AFTER USE. Endura-Bond has been specially formulated to keep "Crystallization" to a minimum. Use sparingly! Endura-Bond is skin safe and approved for use in the Medical Industry, however, for very sensitive skin, I recommend to use Sensibond Adhesive.