Frequently Asked Questions
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is the Difference Between a Full Lace Wig and a Front Lace Wig? Full Lace Wigs are constructed
with the entire wig cap being designed with French or Swiss lace all around the
perimeter of the wig. With the full lace wig, you can wear your hair in high
up-dos and ponytails. Once applied, the wig creates it's own flawless, natural
and invisible hairline. A Front Lace or Lace Front Wig only has the transparent
lace in the front of the wig and the remainder of the wig is made from a regular
netted wig cap. You are not able to wear a front lace wig in high up dos or
- Can the Wavy and Curly Lace Wigs be Flat Ironed or Hot Curled? Remember,
these units are made of human hair; therefore, if you order a unit and select
Wavy or Curly texture - that is a processed texture that is put into the hair
with a perm for the wave or curl. It should not be hot curled or flat ironed as
it may over process the hair since it already has a permanent chemical put into
the hair to make that texture. You treat these units like your own hair. You would not flat iron or curl your natural hair with hot curlers if you had chemicals in your hair. The only units that can be hot curled or flat
ironed are the Straight hair textures, Yaki hair texture or any unit that
states that it is naturally curly or wavy.
- What is Remy Hair? Remy Hair is human hair that is collected directly from
a single hair donor. It is also referred to as Cuticle Hair, Virgin Hair and Cut
Hair. It is the softest and most natural hair on the market. The majority of
human hair sold in the industry is non-cuticle hair. The hair cuticle has been
stripped by using an acid-bath. However, with Remy hair, this is not done, so
the hair cuticle is intact, therefore the hair is stronger. It also makes the
hair softer and more natural and makes it so it does not tangle which allows it
to be ideal for longer wear.
- What is Indian hair? Indian human hair is obtained from individuals that
live in India and is the closest quality in texture to European hair. The hair
is finer and softer than most Asian hair. The length, texture and cost make this
hair the most favorable with the making of wigs and hairpieces.
- Who makes the wigs? We have several manufacturers who custom design our
wigs. That is why we can custom-make your order to suit your needs. The
manufacturers have over 10 years experience in making full lace wigs.
- What are Bleached Knots? Bleached knots is a technique where they bleach
out the knot that is made when each strand of hair is hand-tied into the lace at
the base of the cap. It bleaches the knot out, making it a little lighter so
that it does not stand out as much. It gives it a more natural appearance as
though the hairs are growing out of the scalp. This is recommended when you
choice a dark hair color.
- Who Can Wear These Wigs? These wigs are for anyone - both young and old.
Adults, teens and children. Also perfect for cancer patients, alopecia patients,
and anyone going through hair loss due to chemotherapy or scalp disease.
- How Do I Choose the Cap Style? There are many different style caps - the
most common are the full lace cap with ear to ear stretch, the full lace cap
with no stretch, front lace only cap meaning lace in the front only, full lace
cap with thin skin in front and lace around entire perimeter of head. There are also the glueless wigs for those who still want the custom made, but not the glue applied.
- Why are these wigs different from any other wig? Using 100% remy hair,
the wigs are hand made using a net and each hair is pulled through strand by
strand (hand tied). The wig can be parted anyplace with a natural look. Hand
tied wigs are not bulky to wear and lay flat.
- Can I wear this wig even if I have my own hair? Yes, you have to make
your own hair as flat as possible or if you prefer in cornrows underneath, it is
best to have your own scalp showing when you wear this unit for a more realistic
- Can I wear this wig in a high ponytail? Yes, simply request a full lace unit.
- Does this wig feel heavy? No, it feels very light and weighs almost
nothing unless it’s very dense.
- What is the most realistic texture for African Americans to wear? The natural
look for African American hair is called Yaki hair which resembles hair that has
- Can I straighten or curl this hair with curling irons etc? Yes this hair
is 100% virgin, human hair, which reacts same way as your own hair.
- How long will the wig last? Most wigs can last from 1-2 years with proper
care, in some cases longer. The most durable lace is the French lace, which
lasts longer than the Swiss lace which is thinner and finer. Your lace front wig
can last for many years depending on the upkeep and usage of the wig.
- How do I attach or wear the wig? The wigs are fairly easy to attach. 95%
of our customers attach the units themselves. See our section of How To Attach Wig on this website. We also provide you with FREE Written
instructions as well as care instructions that teach you how to put the unit on
and how to care for the unit.
- Do you charge extra for Baby Hair and Highlights? You can add Baby hair
and highlight options absolutely free - we do not charge for them.
- What does Density mean? Density is defined as how thick or thin you want
your hair to be. The standard and most popular choice is 100%, which is Medium
- I have a head full of hair - Can I still Wear this wig? YES, all you have
to do is braid your hair in small flat cornrows either in a beehive or straight
back. Or you can wrap your hair flat back.
- Can I go swimming with the wig or get it wet? YES, the wig is just like
your regular hair so you can do all normal activities with it, such as swimming,
showering, sweating, etc. No one will ever know that it is not your own natural
hair. The only time you do not get it wet is the first 24 hours after applying
the adhesive. There are also special water proof adhesives that you can use as